The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has vowed to conduct the November 6 Anambra governorship election despite the recent attacks on its facilities in the region.
The South-East for some time now has become a hotbed of insecurity with unkown gunmen attacking police facilities, burning INEC buildings, and destroying electoral materials.
Inspite of the security breach in the South East, INEC said it is engaging relevant stakeholders to find a lasting solution to the violence and also proceed with the election.
The National Commissioner of the INEC, Adekunle Ogunmola after a strategic meeting in Lagos, on Monday said it will not be a difficult thing for the commission to plan for Anambra governorship election.
Ogunmola pointed out that similar incidents happened in Ondo State where some card readers were burnt, noting that INEC was able to make amends and conducted the election without any hitch.
He reassured that Anambra guber polls would be conduct without any problem.
Top officials of INEC across the country had earlier gathered in Lagos to brainstorm on how to better conduct free, fair, and credible elections in Nigeria.
The electoral body said it is working on a strategic plan and strategic program of action for 2022-2026.
It noted that the event is aimed at repairing and strategizing ahead of the forthcoming elections.
INEC has been badly hit by issues of insecurity and violence and they hope they will be able to find solutions to some of the contemporary and nagging problems.